This Easy Pistachio Crusted Salmon is going to be your new go-to dinner recipe! This salmon recipe is packed with flavor, texture, and is done in under 30 minutes.
It's a perfect weeknight recipe that your whole family will love!
We love salmon, and I'm always looking for new ways to make salmon flavorful while keeping it really easy. I absolutely love pistachios - and it turns out they are an absolutely wonderful addition to salmon!
This recipe is truly so easy and it's so versatile. If you're into meal prepping, make a big fillet and use it on salads throughout the week. This is also great for a super easy dinner. It can even be made for an at home date night with a good bottle of white wine.
Easy Pistachio Crusted Salmon Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you'll need for this recipe:
- Salmon - You can use one larger fillet or two small fillets
- Salt and Pepper
- Grainy or Dijon Mustard - Maille is my favorite!
- Lemon Juice
- Olive oil
- Fresh Basil
- Lemon Wedges
This recipe is extremely easy - there are only a few steps! Let's walk through them.
First, you'll preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place your salmon on a lined baking sheet, skin side down. You can line with parchment paper or foil, whichever you prefer.e I like to pat my salmon dry with paper towels at this step.
You can use a larger fillet, or cut into smaller fillets. Either is fine, it's definitely up to your preference!
Next, combine salt, pepper, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, and honey in a small bowl. Mix very well - it may take a few minutes until the honey combines with the sauce.
Brush evenly over salmon fillets.
Combine chopped pistachios and olive oil in a small bowl. Mix well and top salmon fillets with pistachios.
I used lightly salted, pre-roasted pistachios for extra added flavor.
Bake salmon for 15 minutes for a medium and 20 for well done.
Serve with fresh basil and lemon wedges. This salmon is great in salads, with rice, or with vegetables. It's so versatile that it can be used in many recipes!
Here is some kitchen equipment that you will need for this recipe:
- Quarter Baking Sheet: Two pieces or a larger fillet of salmon fit perfectly on a quarter baking sheet. If you don't have some, I highly recommend getting some for your kitchen! These are a great trusted brand that are super high quality. Get them from Amazon today!
- Serving Platter: Every delicious meal should be served on a great serving platter. These white platters are perfect for showcasing your food and make cleaning up easy. Grab some on Amazon.
- Serving Spatula: I love an ornate serving spatula - it makes the dish look so pretty! Check out this set on Amazon. They're gold and are similar to what I use in photos of this recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Reheat salmon by heating in the oven for 10 minutes at 300 degrees F. You can also heat up in a pan warmed over medium heat with a little bit of olive oil. Cook for about 5 minutes until the salmon is warmed.
Keep salmon in an airtight container for up to 3 days after it's cooked.
Yes, this it totally safe to eat. It's a protein that comes out of salmon when it's cooked.
There are a few ways that you can change up this recipe. Here are a few ideas:
- No Mustard: If you don't like mustard, you can use mayo or your favorite mild-tasting sauce. You will need some kind of thickening agent to keep the sauce together on top of the salmon.
- Almond Crusted Salmon: If you don't like pistachios or have an allergy to them, try using almonds instead of pistachios. They will roast nicely in the oven and give you the same texture.
- Swap Maple Syrup for Honey: Out of honey or don't eat it? Use maple syrup instead in this recipe for the same effect.
Easy Pistachio Crusted Salmon Recipe
- 2 small salmon fillets
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons grainy or Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup pistachios chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Fresh basil for serving
- Lemon Wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place salmon fillets on a lined baking sheet, skin side down.
- Combine salt and pepper, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, and honey in a small bowl. Mix well and brush over salmon fillets.
- Combine chopped pistachios and olive oil. Top salmon fillets with pistachios.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Serve with fresh basil and lemon wedges.
- You may use one large salmon fillet instead of two small ones, if desired
- Serve with vegetables, salad, or with rice.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating and comment below!