Easy sautéed whole garlic mushrooms are one of my favorite holiday side dishes. This easy side dish is healthy, easy, and ready in under 30 minutes.
If you’re in need of an easy and delicious side dish, I’ve got you covered!
Mushrooms are one of my favorite vegetables.
They are insanely healthy, so flavorful, and delicious. I love them simple – with some herbs, salt and pepper, and butter. This recipe has all of those things, and I absolutely love it.
This is a great healthy side to go with a heavy holiday meal!
About the Recipe
I highly recommend using a well seasoned cast iron pan for this recipe. If you need one, check out this one on Amazon. Cast iron will last you forever – it’s one of the best kitchen investments you can make!
You’ll start by sautéing an onion in some butter in your skillet. Then, you’ll add garlic and mushrooms and cook everything until the mushrooms are cooked and crisp on the edges.
Next, you’ll deglaze the pan with wine, add the herbs, salt, and pepper, and you’re done!
These flavorful, fresh, delicious mushrooms are just the perfect side dish.
Frequently Asked Questions:
You can eat sautéed mushrooms with almost anything! They are a great side dish for turkey, chicken, or beef.
Sautéed mushrooms should last 10 days in the fridge.
Sauté mushrooms for at least 5 minutes to cook mushrooms and create brown edges. If you sauté closer to 7 minutes, your mushrooms will get a delicious crispy edge.
Other Holiday Side Dish Ideas
Looking for more delish side dishes? I’ve got you! Here are some of my favorites:
- Stuffing Muffins – I loooooooove stuffing. It’s definitely one of the best parts of the holidays, and this twist on an American classic is SO good.
- Sausage and Cream Cheese Crescent Holiday Wreath – This sausage and cream cheese crescent holiday wreath is a perfect and easy holiday appetizer. This app is only 6 ingredients, so it’s the perfect way to get the party going.
- Pumpkin Pasta Carbonara with Crispy Sage – Why not change things up with a different side? Pumpkin pasta carbonara is the perfect side dish for something differently delicious this Thanksgiving.
- Vegan Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – I love starting a holiday meal with a good soup. If you do too, you’ll love this vegan roasted butternut squash soup. It’s a great healthy starter to your meal, and a great option to make ahead!
Easy Sautéed Whole Garlic Mushrooms Recipe
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small white onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb whole button mushrooms
- Splash of white wine
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley
- 10 sage leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add butter to a large pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Next, add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes, until mushrooms are brown and crisp on the edges.
- Add a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add thyme, rosemary, parsley, sage, salt, and pepper. Stir well and cook for a few minutes, until the herbs are well mixed and fragrant.