This easy sheet pan salmon and veggies with coconut cilantro sauce recipe is the perfect healthy recipe that's perfect year round!
I love this recipe for meal prep or for a quick 30 minute dinner. It's so easy, and the coconut cilantro sauce is absolutely divine!
This recipe is also easy customizable - instead of the veggies listed in this recipe, you can use any veggies that you have on hand. It's a great way to clean out the fridge!
This recipe is a classic clean out the fridge dinner. We recently moved from Columbus, OH to St. Louis, MO, and with all the chaos of moving, I needed a healthy and easy meal for crazy days.
So, I went to my local Aldi and grabbed some salmon and lots of fresh veggies. I love their low prices and great quality seafood! A sheet pan dinner was just the thing I needed this week.
I like sheet pan dinners, but often find them lacking in flavor. That's why this recipe has a bright and flavorful coconut cilantro sauce to take this sheet pan dinner to the next level.
The end result is a flaky salmon, tender vegetables, and a delicious sauce that you'll want to put on everything!
I also love this recipe because you can use any vegetables you have on hand. Potatoes, carrots, beans, or broccoli would be great additions to this sheet pan meal.
About the Recipe: Sheet Pan Salmon with Veggies and Coconut Cilantro Sauce
My favorite part about this recipe is that it's just so easy! Let's walk through the steps:
Step 1: Prep the salmon and veggies
The first step is to gather your ingredients and arrange the salmon, zucchini, onion, and green pepper on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
P.S. If you need a baking sheet upgrade, check out these baking sheets on Amazon! They are a go-to in my house.
Drizzle with olive oil and toss everything together to combine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 420 degrees F for 25 minutes.
Step 2: Make coconut cilantro sauce
While your salmon is baking, add sauce ingredients to a blender or food processor. Pulse until sauce is smooth.
Step 3: Assemble the meal and enjoy!
I love letting the sheet pan cool and serving everything on the tray. Finish the dish but adding the sauce over salmon and veggies, and topping with chopped peanuts and fresh basil for serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Both methods of cooking salmon yield delicious results. This recipe chooses to bake the salmon because it requires less work and less attention to the fish. All you need to do is put the fish in the oven and let it cook to perfection.
Salmon can be cooked at a variety of temperatures. Often the cook temperature is based on the desired texture of the fish. This recipe cooks salmon at a higher temperature to get a slight crust on the outside of the fish.
Salmon is delicious with roasted vegetables like the ones in this recipe, rice, or any other grain. The mild flavor of salmon makes it a great fish to pair with a variety of foods.
This recipe is a meal as is, but if you are looking to add more, here are some serving suggestions:
- Coconut Rice - The flavors in this recipe would be delicious with some coconut rice! Just make rice according to package directions, but use coconut milk instead of water to make.
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower - If you want to keep this recipe low-carb, garlic mashed cauliflower is a great option! I love this easy recipe because it's a great side dish with almost any meal.
- Sesame Soy Glazed Brussels Sprouts - Add even more veggies to this meal with delicious sesame soy glazed Brussels sprouts. These will be a hit and a great side dish with this recipe.
More Meal Prep Ideas
Looking for more delicious and easy meal prep ideas? Check out the recipes below for easy meal inspiration.
Grilled Shrimp with Coconut Rice - I love shrimp, and this easy grilled shrimp with coconut rice recipe is one of my all time favorites! This meal is great for a busy weeknight or a laid back weekend. You can double the batch of coconut rice and eat it with meals all week long.
Vegan Tofu Tacos with Cilantro Lime Salsa - If you love the cilantro sauce in this recipe, you need to make my cilantro lime salsa! It's incredibly delicious and pairs perfectly with these crispy vegan tofu tacos. This is a weeknight favorite in my house - even my carnivore husband loves these.
20 Minute Easy Greek Meatballs - If you love spending as little time in the kitchen as possible, you will love my 20 minute easy Greek Meatballs! These meatballs are tender, delicious, and packed with flavor. Serve with a salad or with orzo and you've got a delicious meal.
Easy Sheet Pan Salmon and Veggies with Coconut Cilantro Sauce
- For the Salmon and Veggies
- 1 lb salmon whole or sliced in fillets
- 2 zucchini sliced longwise
- 1 white onion sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts for serving
- Fresh basil for serving
- For the Coconut Cilantro Sauce
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 420°F.
- Arrange salmon, zucchini, onion, and green pepper on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake salmon and vegetables for 25 minutes.
- While the salmon and vegetables are baking, combine cilantro, coconut milk, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool. Top salmon and veggies with coconut cilantro sauce. Top sheet pan with chopped peanuts and fresh basil and serve.