This easy winter cranberry margarita cocktail recipe is the perfect festive holiday cocktail for this holiday season.
It’s got a punch of tequila balanced with sweet cranberry juice. It’s strong, but delicious!
This would be a perfect batch cocktail in a pitcher for the holidays.
Margarita Time, Year Round
I love margaritas. Is there anything better on a very hot summer day than an ice cold marg on the rocks?
I think not. Especially when tacos are involved!
But since we’re in the middle of winter, I wanted to put a twist on a margarita to make it more festive for the holidays.
This margarita is just SO good.
I love cranberries, and the addition of cranberry juice gives this margarita a show-stopping color and delicious flavor.
Garnish with fresh cranberries, rosemary, or thyme, and you’ve got a delicious festive holiday cocktail.
I just LOVE a beautifully presented cocktail, and this one is a showstopper.
To get that dramatically beautiful cocktail look, you’ll need three things:
- A Beautiful Cocktail Glass
- Beautiful cocktail glasses are lovely to look at and I swear they make the cocktail taste better! Check out these beautiful glasses on Amazon.
- Good Ice
- Good ice in a cocktail is key. I love using oversized ice cubes in this cocktail. The ice melts slower and it looks beautiful in the cocktail. Checkout these ice molds on Amazon here.
- A Cocktail Torch
- One of my favorite kitchen tools is my cocktail brûlée torch. You can use this for dessert or cocktails! I love torching thyme or rosemary garnishes for a smoky finish to the drink. You can grab a cocktail torch on Amazon – I love this one!
Other Delicious Cocktails
Looking for other cocktail ideas? Check out these cocktail recipes below for more inspiration!
Spiced Hot Toddy Recipe – This delicious hot toddy recipe is the perfect recipe for a chilly winter day! It has a twist on a traditional toddy with the addition of ginger, vanilla, and star anise.
Cranberry Mulled Wine – Mulled wine is a perfect batch cocktail for the holidays. You can make a big batch of this right before family arrives and you’re all set for the evening!
Cinnamon Spiced Manhattan – If you love manhattans as much as I do, you will absolutely love this cinnamon spiced one. It’s the perfect drink to warm you up this winter!
Easy Winter Cranberry Margarita Cocktail Recipe Ingredients
- 2 shots tequila
- 3/4 oz Cointreau
- Juice of one lime
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- Fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Fresh thyme or rosemary, for garnish
Combine tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker. Shake well.
Pour margarita in a cocktail glass and garnish with cranberries, lime, and thyme or rosemary.