Watermelon juice is my new favorite drink to make at home! It's wildly easy, absolutely refreshing, and can be used in so many ways.
Everyone loves to enjoy fresh watermelon in the summer, but this recipe takes a summer favorite and turns it into a refreshing juice!
I've been drinking watermelon juice almost every day this summer, and now you can try it too!
I've always loved watermelon. If you're like me, you remember summers as a kid eating tons of fresh and juicy watermelon - yum!
I love watermelon, but sometimes it can be difficult for my husband and I to finish a massive watermelon while it's still fresh.
So I thought to create a watermelon juice recipe to use up any watermelon I had leftover, and it turned out to me amazing!
This juice recipe is amazingly refreshing, smooth, and good for you. It can be enjoyed on it's own, made into a cocktail, or be used in a mocktail.
P.S. This juice is the start in my spicy watermelon margarita recipe!
How to Pick a Watermelon
Everyone wants a juicy and ripe watermelon. Here are a few ways to make sure the watermelon you choose is a good one:
- Shiny or Dull? You want to look for a dull watermelon when making your selection at your local grocery store. Shiny watermelons are normally not ripe yet and won't be as juicy.
- Heavy or Light? Choose a heavy watermelon, because a heavy watermelon is a juicy watermelon!
- Light or Dark Color? Choose a dark watermelon. Orange field spots are good - that means the watermelon will be flavorful. Avoid a white field spot - this means it will be too watery, reducing any flavor of the watermelon.
Here is some kitchen equipment you will need for this recipe:
- Blender - Every kitchen needs a good blender! I have this one - I use it as a blender and food processor. It's powerful, efficient, and one of the most used appliances I have in my kitchen. Check it out on Amazon!
- Juice Glass - I love these adorable juice glasses I found on Amazon. They're stackable, and they can definitely be used for more than just juice.
- Chef's Knife - You need a sharp knife to cut through watermelon safely. I use this chef's knife every single day and I love it! Check it out on Amazon.
Frequently Asked Questions about Watermelon Juice
Watermelon has a high water content, so watermelon juice is very hydrating! According to WebMD, watermelon juice is also high in potassium, antioxidants, and amino acids. They even suggest that watermelon juice can help you recover after a workout!
Watermelon juice can be enjoyed on it's own, or mixed into refreshing cocktails or mocktails.
Watermelon juice is good for up to three days. It will have a rotten smell when spoiled.
This recipe is a great foundation on how to make watermelon juice. If you want to make additions to the this reicpe, here are a few ideas:
- Lime - Add lime juice to the watermelon in the blender for a citrusy twist on this recipe.
- Tajin - Add a sprinkle of Tajin to your juice or line your rim for a savory and salty addition to the sweet juice!
- Coconut - Blend coconut milk with the juice to create a creamy refreshing drink.
How to Make Watermelon Juice
- ½ Watermelon cut in chunks
- Cut your watermelon in medium sized chunks.
- Add watermelon to a blender. Blend for at least 60 seconds. Continue blending until all of the chunks are blended.
- Use a fine strainer to strain the juice into a large pitcher or mason jar.
- Once made, keep watermelon juice refridgerated.
- Watermelon juice is good for up to 3 days.
- This juice can be enjoyed on it's own or mixed into a cocktail.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave it a star rating and comment!