Who’s ready for New Year’s Eve?!
Let’s be real – 2020 has been one of the craziest years of our lives.
There’s been a lot of bad, but also some good.
All I know is that I am ready to jump into 2021 refreshed, energized, and ready for the new year.
And you can bet that I’ll be sipping on this New Year’s Eve Honey Bourbon Bubbly alllll evening long.
A Crazy Year
Despite a global pandemic, racial injustices, and a crazy financial market, I’ve been blessed to have some upsides to this year.
All of the time spent at home allowed me to give much more time and energy to this blog, which I’m super thankful for.
I published my first food writing articles in print publications and online magazines, and I launched some big partnerships that I’m extremely proud of.
Plus, I wrote and photographed an e-book all by myself – something that I thought I could never do.
So although 2020 was a wild, sad year, I’ve tried not to let it stop me from achieving my goals. And I hope that’s the same for you.
A Toast with the New Year’s Eve Honey Bourbon Bubbly Cocktail
So after this crazy year, we all deserve a toast to new beginnings and a better future.
And why not with a New Year’s Eve Honey Bourbon Bubbly cocktail?
This cocktail has a funny story. When we were in college, my husband would combine Jack Daniel’s Honey with Prosecco. All of our friends would make fun of him, because it sounded insane.
But after we tried it, it was actually pretty good.
And this cocktail is a grown up version of that, with just a few ingredients! You need:
And that’s it! This simple cocktail is perfect for a beginner bartender looking to change up their holiday drink.
Other NYE Drink Ideas
Looking for something different? Well, I’ve got you covered! See any of my below cocktail recipe ideas for something to sip on this NYE.
- Cozy Autumn Spritz Cocktail – A boozier version of an Aperol Spritz, with bourbon and Italian vermouth that’s
- La Petite Fleur Cocktail – A light, floral cocktail with gin, lemon, and hibiscus that’s deliciously beautiful.
- Easy and Cozy Fig Manhattan – A delish fat washed bourbon cocktail made with fig syrup that is one of my favorite spins on the classic Manhattan.
- Bourbon and Thyme Peach Smash – This cocktail is so delish! The name is self explanatory, and I love the bourbon and peach flavors in this unique drink.
New Year’s Eve Honey Bourbon Bubbly Cocktail Ingredients
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz honey
- lemon slices, for garnish
Add bourbon, honey, and ice in a cocktail shaker and shake well. Pour in a highball cocktail glass. Fill to the top with Prosecco, stir well, and garnish with a lemon slice.