Dinnertime is easy and delicious with this one pot easy sausage and spinach orzo recipe!
This recipe is perfect for a weeknight and would be great meal prepped. This is a winning recipe that your whole family will love!
About the Recipe
This recipe couldn’t be easier! You’ll start with a large pot or dutch oven on medium.
P.S. If you don’t have a reliable dutch oven – please invest in one! It’s a great kitchen staple that will last you forever. Check out this one on Amazon!
Add your sausage, and cook until it starts to brown. Then, add your onion and cook until it’s translucent. Next, add garlic, mushrooms, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to the pot. At this point, your house should smell amazing!
Add your orzo and stock to the pot, and stir everything around. Cover and cook for 12 minutes, or until the orzo is cooked to your liking or all of the liquid is absorbed.
Finally, add spinach, stir, and you’re done! It’s so easy and SO delicious!
This would be a great meal prep recipe – make a big batch on Sunday and eat it through the rest of the week!
More Easy Dinner Ideas
Looking for even more easy dinner ideas? Check out these recipes for inspiration!
Quick and Easy Pantry Chili – Here’s another one pot dinner that my family loves! It’s made with things you likely already have, which makes this recipe even easier.
Healthy Sesame Seared Ahi Tuna – This recipe is SO easy, but you’d think it came out of a restaurant kitchen. Impress your family with this easy dish!
One Pan Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Cranberry Sauce – I just love this recipe. Everything is done in one pan, and it’s a great quick option that has a great balance between savory and sweet flavors.
One Pot Easy Sausage and Spinach Orzo Recipe Ingredients
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz diced white mushrooms
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 lb orzo
- 4 cups spinach
- Extra virgin olive oil, for serving
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Heat a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add sausage and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the sausage starts to cook through.
- Add white onion to the dutch oven. When the white onion begins to turn translucent, add garlic, mushrooms, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add stock and orzo to the dutch oven. Stir well, then cover and cook for 12 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. Open lid occasionally and stir any orzo stuck to the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Serve with drizzled extra virgin olive oil and fresh basil.